Thursday, May 2, 2013

Let's Get This Out Of The Way Right Now

I'm fat.

Not only that, I'm obese.

I didn't mean for this to happen.  During my 20's and early 30's, I hovered around 130 pounds.  Then suddenly, I began to gain.  I don't even know how I let things get so out of control.  My kids certainly kept me busy enough.  I'd run around with them at the parks and playgrounds and we were always on the go.  But I had gone through a messy breakup with the biological father of my son and was dealing with the emotional fallout from that, as well as the death of my adoptive father.  And so, I ate.  And ate.  And ate.

And the weight came on.  It seems like it happened overnight.  One minute I was fitting in size 6 pants, and the next, size 16.  I was horrified.  Oh, lol..not horrified enough though because I didn't make a good enough effort to lose the pounds.

I'm 39 years old and 5'3".  And I weigh, according to the scale this morning, 197.2 pounds.

::hangs head::

I need to get this crap figured out.

I am a master of making excuses.

The arthritis in my ankles keeps me from running..something I used to love to do.  I work full time, an hour away from home, and by the time I'm back at the house, I'm exhausted.  It's raining out.  It's too sunny.  It's Wednesday.  I haven't had enough caffeine.  I've had too much caffeine.

Catch my drift?

Well, no more.  NO MORE I SAY.

One of my FBook friends shared a 30 day challenge.  A "Squat" challenge.  And I've been keeping accountable by checking in on the thread she posts daily.  Today, we're up to 110 squats.  And yes, my ass hurts.  But that's okay.  I want to keep going.  I don't need to be a size 6 again, but I'd like to not look like I'm six months pregnant.  Saying you're trying to lose the baby weight may fly when your child is under a year old, but not when your baby just turned 10.

So, I'm not sure how the format of this blog will go.  I'd like to keep track of the different challenges I'm doing so maybe a page for that, and a page of before, during and after pictures?

Stay tuned for the updates...and please, for the love of all that's good and holy, help me keep accountable and kick my butt when I lose focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment